Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Join me on a 31-day adventure?

Hello friends and fellow travelers,

Inscribed in a journal given on my wedding day...

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."  - G.K. Chesterton

Evening walk at New Smyrna Beach
Marriage has certainly been an adventure for us. With sand between our toes and the sun slipping behind the skyline, we reminisced over the joys and sorrows we've shared. Thankfulness and joy have blossomed out of the fertile and sometimes broken soil of that first year.... recorded in the aforementioned journal as everyday blessings from God (discussed in this book).  The path is more level now, in many ways, but there are still bumps and valleys.

Christ is very near, and I sense Him lifting my burdens daily.  Though I love worshipping God in song, my heart does not turn there instinctively....  So I've picked up The 30-day Praise ChallengeBecky Harling's newest book.  I want to grow in my desire to praise God for WHO He is, not just the blessings He provides.  I have no idea what this journey will look like...well-said here by Mr. Bilbo Baggins:

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Listen to author Becky Harling share on Midday Connection about her journey through cancer and how praising God changed her life.  She is one of my favorites--author of Rewriting your Emotional Script and Freedom from Performing.  I love her conversational writing style combined with her years of experience as a pastor's wife, mother, ministry leader, speaker, and writer.  Check out her website here.

Would you like to come along on this journey?  I'd be honored to share the road with you.  If you have a blog.... jump in and do the 31-day blogging challenge with me! (Read this post for more info.)

It's my goal to read and share what I'm learning here daily--starting Oct 1st.  I'll post some of the worship music videos suggested in the book as well.  More coming soon...

Bless you, friends.


Praise His Unchanging Character
Praise Him for His People
Praise Him in the Waiting
Praise for His Everlasting Love
Praise the Hope Giver
Praise the Conqueror of Fear
Praise the Spirit, our Advocate
Praise the Indescribable One
Praise to the Living Water
Loved by God
Praise the Friend of Sinners
Praise Him for Difficult People