Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Praise the Hope Giver {Day 9}

Living hope-full is not natural.  I can tell you're not surprised to read that!  I'm sure you've had numerous things this year, month, even today, that have threatened to steal your joy.  I've felt it too.  But sitting on the other side of a rough situation and talking that over with a friend has reminded me that God is always at work, even when we don't see it.  He is behind the scenes - fighting for your joy!  And often, those hard circumstances that you are trudging through will bring you to the beautiful mountain-top views that you crave.  Not always, but persevere long enough, and you'll see the sun rise over the darkness.  

Life is so similar to running a race, and I always appreciated when my family, friends, or coaches stood on the sidelines and reminded me, "You can do it!" or "Go for the finish" or "Get this girl at the end"!  Often, that exhortation at just the right time pushed me to dig deep and pass another runner or two.  So can I do that for you now?  Will you keep pushing through, trusting that there is hope in Christ even when all seems dark?


Hebrews 12:1-3 reminds me that my hope to persevere is found by keeping my eyes on Christ: 

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."


We praise you Jesus, for you are the resurrection and the life (John 11:25)!  You are able to overcome any situation that burdens us.  We praise you for the hope we have in You, regardless of what storms we are facing.  Thank you for the cross!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....