Saturday, October 19, 2013

Praise Him for Difficult People

You might choose going to the dentist rather than praising God for difficult people.  Both can be pretty uncomfortable!  Praising Him for the difficult people seems crazy, right?  But God tells us to thank Him in all circumstances....to consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds (James 1).  Trust me, I am not speaking from a pedestal concerning this topic at all.  I have a hard enough time loving people that are kind and supportive!  God tells us to love our enemies, to pray for them (Matthew 5: 43-48).  But to praise Him for those people?  That's quite a stretch.  When I take time to praise God for the difficult people in my life, I'm acknowledging that He is in control, and that the relationships I struggle with are for my good....planned and sent my way by the loving hand of my Father.  When I praise God for these people I am reminded that God has compassion for them, but also for us as we walk through the trial.  He is not distant but is attentive to our cries for help (Psalm 34:18).  Praise Him as the One who has endured every manner of trial and temptation, and yet continued to love (Hebrews 4:14-16).  He has the strength we need to continue loving and serving the difficult people in our lives.

(Important note: Keep in mind, of course, that if you are in a physically, verbally, emotionally or spiritually abusive relationship that is definitely not something that God wants for you!  Please seek help and safety for yourself. The 'difficult people' I'm referring to in this post are those who make our lives unpleasant or difficult but do not constantly belittle, mistreat, or harm us.  That is a hard line sometimes, so pray for discernment, please.)

I hope this video is encouraging for you....Don't lose hope in your journey to love the difficult people in your life.  If God be for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31)!?  Chris Tomlin, Our God is Greater:





Video about difficult relationships by Tenth Avenue North, Losing:


 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....