Sunday, February 6, 2011

Choosing Gratitude

Why does this seem like such an impossible feat? Why do our hearts, or rather, why does my heart so often default to resentment over gratitude? There are a myriad of answers. Life has been 'unfair', some claim, so why trust God? Others are severely wounded, not having experienced the love their souls desperately need. The list is long and varied...but my answer is that our souls are sick....broken...in need of rescue from ourselves. Today, even, God offered a gift to my fiance and I, and I chose resentment and doubt over faith, trust, and thankfulness. Forgive me, Lord. I am anxious to grow in this area, and my vanguard in this quest is a dare to live fully, freely, unencumbered by the ugliness of this sin. You can follow along here as writer Ann Voskamp explores 'radical gratitude'.  I hope you are blessed as you see God changing your perspective as well as mine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....