Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Joy of the Unknown

Is this an oxy-moron, I wonder, to find joy in the unknown?  Or could this actually be the essence of walking with Christ?  I think the latter, and I am getting new glimpses of this particular joy.  My Father seems to delight in walking me through dark valleys and unknown twists and turns, while I seem to prefer the predictable and unchallenging parts of life.  What has happened?  When did I stop finding joy in this crazy and edge-of-your-seat ride called LIFE?  It is easy to get off the roller coaster of the unknown, and allow distractions to fill my soul, while God is beckoning me back to the walk of Faith that can only be lived day-by-day, in complete dependence on heavenly resources.  New possibilities and open doors left me equally anxious and excited into the late hours last night.  I am finding that my out-of-shape soul is being presented with small tests, and as I walk through them with the response I know Christ desires, new doors, new tests, and greater challenges open up to me.  My heart is changing, and although I have no idea what God has for my future (except that it will be with my love!), my joy is found in knowing the heart of my Father.  He is the Rock of refuge, the Prince of Peace, the Beginning and the End, and my dearest Friend.  There is no reason to be afraid.  As I let go of my fears, and continue to walk into each unknown day, I find that fellowship with God is my greatest comfort.  Oh God, that You would reveal my sin and take away my distractions more often, so I would be forced to live in this way regularly!  Please keep my heart set on pilgrimage (Psalm 84:5), Lord...and take me into the future that I could never have asked for or imagined (Ephesians 3:20), both here, and in the world to come.  I am your humble servant, take my life and let it be, consecrated Lord to Thee (Havergal).  The best is yet to come!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....