Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, Monday

How can you capture a day in words?  Today was wonderfully challenging.  God brought out some of my ugliness, like any good father would, so that we could talk it through, and get to the root of the lies I am believing.  It started with the 'check engine' light and the smoking hood that made me wonder what good all the money for the new engine had done!  But there WERE things to be thankful for in all this....for example:  my eminently patient fiance who chatted with me (at 6 AM, mind you!) while all of my current 'problems' pushed me over the proverbial edge, or my roommate who allows me to borrow her car without fail, or my boss and partner teacher who gave me grace for my tardiness.....can I forget the encouragement that came from my mother's email today, or the Newsboys song that had to be played at least 5 times in the car (funny that I was driving someone's else's car, or I wouldn't have heard the CD!)...or my partner who reminded me that my battle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers!...the list goes on and on.  I am trying to flex my 'thankfulness' muscle, and wait on the joy that will fill me...is this not our strength (Nehemiah 8:10) The joy of the Lord?  As I have learned from John Piper in this book, I am to 1) confess the sin 2) continue doing the godly thing I don't really want to be doing 3) trust God for feelings to follow...I'll get back to you on how that is going!  But I trust your Monday wasn't just any old Monday, because we don't have just 'any old' God!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....