Monday, June 27, 2011

You Will Know the Truth...

...and the Truth will set you free (John 8:32).  This was my lesson today.  An appropriate lesson for a Memorial Stone Monday, I thought...  There are so many times I can look back on my life and see how either 1) I was not allowing truth to inform my behavior  OR  2) I was allowing truth to inform my behavior, and reaping great benefits of closeness to my Savior, community and family.  Today I was struggling to allow Truth to inform my behavior.  Thankfully, I did catch myself near the end of a long and arduous afternoon, and realize that the Enemy was getting the upper-hand in my heart and life.  I knew I was in serious need of some Truth.  Striking how my name is found right there in the middle of that important word...TRuth.  Something that I especially need to focus on!  I pray that wherever you are and whatever you are doing, as a Child of God, you are finding joy in the hope of heaven, purpose in the truth that we are adopted and beloved, and victory as you put to death the things of the flesh.  And if you are doing that, find a few big stones, and pile them next to whatever 'Jordan River' you are crossing at this season in your life.  God is faithful.... (and I would be remiss to not add...my husband, though not Christ, is a darn good representative to me of Christ's love, and was surely faithful to that today!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Ruth.

    Praying that you are leaning hard on Jesus these days. We will see you Friday! :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me....