Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Verdict in In...

Oma is a life-long learner...always at home with books...

      Hello from Florida!  This quick weekend trip has been a great get-away, but also a chance to prepare for the big move in a few short weeks.  We, my Oma and I, are having a wonderful time catching up and praising God together.  Oma spends a lot of time praising God.  When you first meet her, it might seem a little strange (not because it actually IS, but because few of us live the joyful life she lives...), but it would become a part of you, too, if you spent enough time with this seasoned saint.  Everything is a 'miracle' to Oma.  Things like her recent hip surgery (at 92, mind you, and she is walking amazingly well only a few weeks later!), the mailbox that she had specially installed close to her home, which she calls 'God's mailbox', and the fact that God has provided a job for my husband at Accordance Bible Software before we even settled down, just to name a few things.  It is incredible to see someone of her age living with true childlike faith.  She is an incredible mentor and role model for me, and I am thrilled that Paul and I will be living with Oma, to care for her...though she will be caring for us just as much.  
      Today is 'Join the Applause' day, and I am thanking God for my Oma, for the chance to learn from her, and for the season we will share together in Florida...we do not know the future, but we are all excited that God has brought us together for this time.  I am not sure why I ever doubt my Lord, but He has out-done Himself again, and I am truly applauding.  Praise Him with me!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....