Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Because Friends Are Not Always Forever...

Today I had the privilege of enjoying lunch with a dear friend, and some of her family, at one of our favorite little spots, in quaint Amish country, New Wilmington, PA...It was such a delight, and it left me reflecting on this sweet relationship, and how dear Emily has been to me.  I had a flash-back to sophomore Biology lab (not certain exactly which one, as I spent entirely too much time in one Science lab or another, during my time at GCC)...and the microbes that Emily and were working with.  You see, we met in lab, while making things grow in Petri dishes, and over the last eleven to twelve years, our friendship has grown so much more than anything we ever did in lab together.  I have many happy memories with Emily...weekend trips, holidays shared before marriage, hilarious pranks, crying over heartbreaks, cramming for impossible exams, long runs, discussing the children under our care...she, her own son, and me, my class of 12.  You name it, we have probably done it together.  Emily has the rare ability to love through the worst of things.  And I have been through the worst of things.  Many friends move on when things get tough, but she has only become a better friend to me.  It seems that the hard times have brought out the best in her, in this friendship.  I got to stand up at her wedding, and she at mine...and we both know that we were promising with the other...to be there...to fight for each other's marriages when we couldn't fight, when it didn't seem worth it.  And now as we are both entering new seasons...she with her sweet Ethiopian children close to home-coming, and me, with my nearing journey down south...I am confident that our friendship will only grow stronger.  Because in this case....knowing we both will one day worship at the Throne of Grace....this is a forever friendship.  (Love you girl!) 


***You can catch up with Emily and her adoption story here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....