Friday, July 20, 2012

Enough....more than enough.


with Mike & Nan at Aunt Catfish's
This morning I sat in my peaceful new living room, giving thanks to my Father.  The radio played popular Christian songs quietly, and my husband had just left for work.  I looked at the vacuumed carpet, that had many feet walking on it to help us move just days prior.  Light streamed into the kitchen, over my bridal-shower-tablecloth-gift, with names of friends embroidered, and more to come, gifts of grace.  I think of the forgiveness given and received before we said goodbye this morning, and the friends we saw last night.  I have enough.  More than enough.  My mind flits back to my very first apartment, and the book given to me by a friend.  Subject?  Contentment.  I've struggled with that, and its evil twin sister, Envy. But these years since 417 1/2 West Poplar have humbled me, caused me to praise and not protest.  To embrace grace and give glory.  To honor my Lord and not myself.  And for all those things, I am thankful.  In the eyes of those chasing the 'American dream', I am not wealthy.  But in Christ, and in the eyes of the people this blogger speaks of, I am rich beyond my wildest dreams.  Hasn't He given me all I need?  And more?  Sitting here in our office now, with books lining the oak shelves, I realize that these words, these books, they reflect the Word made flesh.  And as I look towards the task ahead of me this fall, to disciple and encourage young lives, I know that it is time to put flesh on words.  Though imperfect, I am ready.  By grace through faith, and not of myself.  


Run after contentment, or you will run after the world.  Find Christ, and your heart will be full.   

Blessings of grace and peace,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....