Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Maple Pumpkin Cake--Yummy Goodness!

Hello all!

It is fall here in Fl now... I officially saw some leaves on the ground and that makes me so happy!  I think happiness is defined by fall....all the warmth and coziness of the season (in most places that is, not Florida ;) ), the fun memories that are made, all things-pumpkin, what is there to not love??

In honor of the season, my favorite season, I found this yummy cake that I whipped up in just about 10-15 minutes and let it bake for about 25.  It is super-easy because it uses the gluten-free Pamela's Baking Mix, which accounts for a portion of the ingredients you would typically measure out individually.

I've gotten good reviews on it from both my husband and a friend who came over for tea, so I am happy to pass it on to you!  I didn't go with the Spiced Rum frosting, just made my own basic buttercream frosting with loads of powdered sugar, and normal amounts of milk, butter, and vanilla *smile*.

Here you go, hope you enjoy it as much as we have been!  Oh, and I also used coconut oil in place of the vegetable oil, as we are trying to use more of that now....

Ingredients
Cake:
2 cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
1 cup canned pumpkin (not the pie filling)
1 large egg
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or 1/4 cup; molasses)
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground allspice 
Directions
Cake:
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter (not pan spray) a 9-inch square or round baking dish.

Combine pumpkin, egg, butter, oil, salt, syrup, and spices in a large bowl until very smooth. Add Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix and mix until combined (do not over mix). Add the batter to the baking dish and bake for 24-28 minutes or until done via the toothpick test, inserted toothpick comes out clean. 


Frosting Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (soft)
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup spiced rum (cooked or uncooked)
1-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Optional:1/2 tsp ground cloves



Frosting directions:
Combine softened cream cheese, butter, and brown sugar and mix till smooth. Add powdered sugar, spices, vanilla, and rum. Mix until very smooth. Allow the cake to thoroughly cool. Remove cake from pan onto a serving dish (if desired) and frost generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....