Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cupcakes and Candlelight



Just some quick thoughts on our happy little two-month anniversary celebration yesterday...I'm sure many of you out there can say with me: "Isn't marriage wonderful?" To celebrate, we watched a new movie release, came home and took a long walk, and then ate our very last wedding cupcake together. It's the small things that make a marriage wonderful, as we have learned from one of our favorite authors, Paul D. Tripp, in What Did You Expect? There are so many things I am thankful for when I think about my marriage, and my hope is that we can continue to love and prefer one another in all things. My hubby is so good about being careful with his words, helping with household chores, being patient with my emotional ups and downs, listening, listening, listening, and leading me well in matters of the heart and spirituality. Add to that his careful planning, his frugality, and his genuine love for me and the Lord, and this girl can't be more thankful! Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....