Sunday, June 5, 2011

Monique's Chicken and Veggies

Here is a re-post from a new blog I am helping out with, Sunday Night Cooking.

Hello all!

Here is favorite of ours, that I stole from my partner teacher. I love it because you can adjust it so many ways, and it is super-quick--30 minutes or less! So it is great for those busy nights, or just when you aren't in the mood for cooking. You can use boneless skinless chicken, or any brand of chicken sausage, but this is my favorite brand shown to the right (I use Sweet Italian variety more than this spicy one). I think some of you may get chicken sausage from Costco as well? Good news on this recipe: You will only have to dirty one pot and one spatula!

Ingredients:

3-4 chicken sausages, or small boneless chicken breasts
3 cloves of garlic
2 T. EVOO
small/medium onion diced
Assorted chopped veggies (mushrooms, red/yellow/green peppers, zucchini or yellow squash, broccoli, etc...really whatever your family likes!)
dried Italian seasonings--oregano, parsley, etc. (feel free to use fresh, too!)

Bev's Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

optional additions: feta/parmesan cheese, chicken stock, kalamata/black olives, fresh basil, turkey sausage, almonds

Directions:

Heat EVOO on medium heat. Saute garlic for 1 minute, and then toss with diced onions until they are translucent. Gradually add veggies to saute as well, adding first veggies depending on how long they will need to cook. I have even used frozen veggies, if I am really low on time. But I usually allow about 10 minutes to fully saute the veggies. I add the meat after I saute the veggies, but if your meat is not pre-cooked, make sure you do that in a second pan, and then add it a little later. If it is pre-cooked, it will just take a few minutes to warm up in the pan with veggies. If you want more of a sauce, add some chicken stock and a little cornstarch. This is also the time that I add some kind of dressing/marinade to the pan, and my favorite is the vinaigrette I listed above. I'm sure many of you have that recipe, but I can add it later if not. I usually add the basil and/or olives now, and if your family loves cheese, a little of that won't hurt either. Yield: 3-4 servings.

Enjoy your 30-minute one-pan wonder!

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....