Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Waiting for Easter

Some things in life make no sense, like why this man, my love, is so patient with me and persists in relationship, regardless of my imperfections. 

Proverbs 30:18-19 (NIV) 18 "There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: 19 the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden.

The way of this man with me could be too amazing for some to understand, but as I watch things die with the fall, I too wait for Easter...for the promise of new life, for the bloom of new possibilities, and for the transformation of my heart and life in new ways.  I trust in the hope of the Gospel, that can make hearts change, and the power of God resonating through the world, that brings people and flowers alike, back to life.  

I see opportunity in the death of what has been, and trust in the hope of what will be, both in this life, and the life to come.  I trust in the living God whose life-blood beats in me, who has brought me back to life many times before this season of dying.  

I see opportunity to stand with a man who asks little of me and much of Christ, who serves me before he serves himself...I see a self-less man in him, the reflection of the Christ who died for me and won my heart long ago.  I see the dying-King in this kind man, my love, who daily lays down his desires to win my heart.

 

Today I choose to follow Christ into the unknown, trusting He will be there to catch us when we are weak, cheer for us when we are strong, and mourn with us when tears come.  I see my Daddy-God smiling at us, as we hold each other in the storms of life, and I know my Pa-Pa is proud of me in his new home above, watching me move towards a bigger step of faith than I have known.  I wish you could have met him, Pa-Pa...he has your kind gentle love, your patient listening ear, and your quiet and strong faith.  I know why I love him...I loved Jesus...and you...first.  

Thank you Jesus, for creating this special bond in the midst of a cold, dark world.  Thank you for the gifts of love and intimate fellowship that you grant to your children.  Help us to reflect the love you gave us on the cross.  We live for you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....