Monday, February 11, 2013

Two music videos you must watch...

Hi friends, 

I had the privilege of helping with the worship music at church this weekend, and was so encouraged by a couple of the songs we sang.  I've attached the videos here, as well as a little of my own commentary :)  


The God of Angel Armies/ Whom Shall I Fear? --Chris Tomlin

This song gripped my heart during worship practice last Thursday.  I often find myself walking around with a discouraged heart, and the reminder that THE GOD OF ANGEL ARMIES is my friend...well, you just think on that a while and tell me if it lifts your spirits?  :)  



A Living Prayer --Alison Krauss

The music and lyrics from this song are lovely-I only wish you could have heard the folksy sound of our worship director's voice!  I was encouraged by this one, as I thought of the lonely road we sometimes walk.  I can't say it as well as she does:

In this world I walk alone
With no place to call my home,
But there's one who holds my hand
Through rugged roads, through barren lands.
The way is dark, the road is steep,
But He's become my eyes to see,
The strength to climb, my griefs to bear.
The Savior lives inside me there.

I pray you are encouraged by these videos as you go through this week.

Bless you, friends!  Ruth