Monday, January 21, 2013

Fresh Spinach and Pear Salad

Last night we sat down and devoured this yummy salad.  Wow--I haven't had a salad I've enjoyed this much in a while!  But generally, we love our Emeals selections (click here for more info).  Sorry I don't have a picture, but you must give it a try (and let me know how it goes, in the comments.... :)

Fresh Spinach and Pear Salad

10 oz bag baby spinach (I used mixed greens)
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 small pears, cut into cubes
6 T dried cranberries
4 T olive oil
2 T sherry vinegar
1 t spicy mustard (I used dijon)
2 small garlic cloves, crushed
salt and pepper to taste

Toss spinach/greens with shallot, pear and dried cranberries.  Whisk olive oil, sherry vinegar, mustard and garlic.  Dress salad lightly; season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!!

Ruth