Friday, August 10, 2012

Connecting brings courage

This world is a flurry of activity, whether you are entering pre-school, or spoiling your grandkids (or somewhere in between!)  And there's this crazy somewhat-constant fact of nature:  the globe spins faster and faster that older you get!  Can anyone tell me why that is?  Regardless, today I'm participating in 'Five Minute Friday' with Lisa-Jo over here.  You can play along on your blog, too!

The topic is:  'Connect'.  So here I go:

I sat in the $15 chair, with threadbare arms, but it made for a comfy seat, an even more comfortable chat....She leaned back, and asked me:  "So how are you doing?"  I gave a few 'easy answers,' and finally got around to the issue that I was really struggling with.  It seems like I am better friends with my struggle than I am with this dear lady (my fault of course!), and it pains me to realize that I'm still struggling with this heart issue.  Do I not love my Lord?  Do I not love my husband?  We peel back the onion together....she lets my heart open, she treats the wound, and we close it up again before she leaves.  Just like the Great Physician ordered.  She's got a busy day ahead of her, as do I, but as I close the door behind her, I realize that she's given me a gift, one that's just as shiny as my wedding ring that arrived today (lost stone + lifetime warranty = grateful wife :).  She gave me courage...to keep fighting the good fight.  She told me she thought something I did was courageous, even though I didn't feel it to be especially so.   I was just doing what God has birthed in my heart.  And this gift given to me from the Lord, from my friend back to me....is this what I can give to my students?  To my husband?  Can I call out what I see and bless them with the precious truth of their worth just by listening?  This is what I hope to do more of.  Listening, blessing with words of life, connecting over big and small things.  What a beautiful thing, given best in the darkest of times.  

Hosea 2:14-16: 

Therefore, I am going to persuade her,
lead her to the wilderness, 
and speak tenderly to her.
15 There I will give her vineyards back to her 
and make the Valley of Achor
into a gateway of hope.
There she will respond as she did
in the days of her youth, 
as in the day she came out of the land of Egypt.
16 In that day—
this is the Lord’s declaration—
you will call Me, “My husband,” 
and no longer call Me, “My Baal.”

Blessings to you,

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....