Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Four Months....and Counting!

Words of wisdom from my lady friends are being put into practice!
Today snuck up on us, but refused not to be celebrated.  And so we did, quite happily, celebrate the joyful union we entered just a few short months ago.  Crispers was the location, as well as brownie treats waiting at home, and a few games of Uno, that taught me to watch out for my competitive husband, as he is always ready to win a game!  (I have discovered this in Checkers as well, which is why I thought a game switch would be good.....alas....I am still losing too many games!)

We are learning to 'lean into' the trials, and look for the nuggets of Grace that are waiting as we talk through challenges, celebrate daily victories, and keep going on this journey we have started...both in marriage, and in a new location, new community of friends, family and fellowship, and new job(s).

I am learning to hold my tongue more, and give more of myself than I thought I had to give...rather, coming to the end of myself, and having to rely more fully on the resources of Christ to keep giving, loving, and serving with a joyful heart.  And at the end of the day, it all really is joyful...to fall asleep next to my favorite person, who I love, respect, am so proud of....and anticipate many happy, challenging, growing days...of giving up our 'rights', to become one, and becoming more like Christ and less like our fleshly 'selves'....Quite the contrary to what the world has to offer, I'd say.

A love only to be found by the grace of God, to the glory of God, for the sake of the Gospel.

To be continued....from this day into forever....

Ruth

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wish we could play Uno all together. Now, that would be a game! My Dear Professor is quite the competitor as well. Our daughter just managed to beat him in a game of clue 2 years ago. He sulked for days! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and we will take you up on that game....not sure when....but that would be so much fun! Miss you too...let me know how you are doing.

    hugs
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me....