Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Song Contest

Hi guys!  For all you romantics out there, you could win a love song custom-written about you and your sweetie!  Or, even better, you can write about the love between you and Christ....I did both, and you can read my entry below.  Check out K-love's contest with singer/songwriter Matthew West here!  You just need to provide a short 250-word story about your love story, and give your contact info.  Have fun, here is mine:

"Wounded, I offered myself to Him reluctantly. Fearful, I gave only small parts of myself. Proud, I relied on myself more than on Him…but year-by-year, month-by-month, week-by-week, my Love pulled back the layers of my heart and replaced the doubt with the truth and comfort of His love. I was transformed from an insecure and broken young woman, to someone who stands in the confidence of who I am in Christ. I recklessly gave my heart, soul, and life to my Lord, the King of Kings (Psalm 45)…and although tragedy had to be a part of remaking me, He was faithful to rebuild my broken walls and desolate streets (Isaiah 58:12). He has watered the deserts in my soul (vs. 11), and has given me courage where there was none (Romans 8:37) Now as marriage approaches, there will finally be a worthy man to stand in the place of Christ for me, to protect me, care for me, and fight for my good. Jesus did this first…and taught me whom to wait for…but Paul will answer the call of my Father, being more than I could have ever asked or hoped for. Let the adventure begin!"









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....