Friday, May 18, 2012

When You're Waiting for Redemption

Source
You've waited.  And waited.  To see your story turned around.  To see God bring good out of your suffering.  To know God's love in the depths of your heart.  What can you cling to?  Is there really hope that God will in fact work all things together for your good (Romans 8:28)?  YES, there is.  I have struggled with this very thing myself.  But I have slowly, with time and patience, seen God work my messes into good, beautiful things in my life.  And you will too.

Yesterday I came across this passage in a new study I am doing, and wanted to share it with you.  I hope you are encouraged.

1 Peter 5: 10:  "Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little.  To Him be the dominion forever.  Amen."

Wow.  Talk about a powerful passage!  I am struck by this word:  personally.  Christ Jesus will PERSONALLY restore, establish, strengthen, and support you....  It sunk deep into my soul as I read this yesterday, and was again reminded of the immanent nature of our dear Lord.  He does not stand afar off, send His angels to do His dirty work, and wipe His hands of our messes.  No, He rolls up His sleeves, and jumps into the pit we are in, pulling us out by His own mighty hand.  I have discussed this here as well, but you can refer to Psalm 18 for more on this (another favorite passage of mine!)  :)

Meditate, if you will, on each word that God promises to fulfill:  He will personally RESTORE, ESTABLISH, STRENGTHEN, and SUPPORT you.  Is that not amazing!?!  Those are things that our hearts all long for when we are whipped around by the swirling winds of trials, when our minds, hearts and souls lack peace and comfort.  But here He promises to make everything beautiful in its time.

I also noticed this part of the verse:  'after you have suffered a little.'  Ha, you scoff!  'You don't understand what I've been through.'  And I probably don't.  But I too, have suffered great trials, and know the Word tells me that they are nothing, compared to the glory we will experience in our eternal home, heaven.  All the pain will one day pass away my friend, and you will be basking in the glory of your Savior.

So hold on tight to our God.  He is holding you even if your grasp slips, holding you tightly, and nothing can separate you from His love.

Your sister,

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....