Friday, May 25, 2012

The Opportunity to Grow


op·por·tu·ni·ty/ˌäpərˈt(y)o͞onitē/

Noun:
  1. A set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.
  2. A chance for employment or promotion.
Synonyms:chance - occasion - opening - possibility - time
Today I'm at it again, linking up with Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday!  The prompt is the weighty word above.  Lately, 

I've had lots of opportunities to grow.  Some days, I consider it pure joy (James 1), but most days I do not. 

Oh, I have so far to go!  It is hard to imagine having a desire for affliction, but just last night, I discussed 

this very concept with a friend.  We both have known dear saints who have done this....prayed. for. 

affliction.....!  I think of definition 1, above, and realize that God gives me circumstances that make it 

possible for me to grow, and often I stubbornly pout, just like my student yesterday, who did not want to do her work.  

Oh Lord, give us hearts that are willing to do 'our homework', and become the holy students that please 

you with character that reflects YOU.  We love you, we need you, make us new every day, for your 

glory alone.

Whew!  Five minutes is up, now it's time to go and live this!

Blessings,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....