Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's All About the Gospel, Anyway...

Where do you have your best thoughts?  Those little whispers from heaven that sneak into your mind and give you shocking clarity?  I have been trying to capture those thoughts like the flash of summer lightning bugs in a jar...there for a moment, and gone in a flash...but not if you capture its light!

The Message was Clear...
This morning in the shower it came to me softly, and yet with purpose..."You can't do this without the Gospel...."  That thought demands attention.  Of course I knew what was being referred to...we have faced a challenging start to life in Florida, and my flesh has risen up more than once speaking lies to me...."This is not fair", "I don't deserve this", and "This was not what I was hoping for..., " to name a few ridiculous thoughts that I have entertained....What lies seem to plague your mind?  And even more compelling of a conversation...what do you do with them?

The Only Solution...
In my more rational, holy moments, the solution is clear...feed the lie Truth, with a Capital-T!  "It is not about fairness, and besides, I don't deserve to be rescued from hell, anyway"..."What exactly am I hoping for, when we are told that this world will bring us troubles and tribulation until Christ returns to take us home?"  And so it begins...

The Meditation...
And so I find that meditating on Truth brings me the peace, hope and joy that I crave, that I can't really LIVE without.  I put my mind on the sacrifice of Christ, and how His example left me with the blueprint for how to interact with others who challenge my 'comfort' (and provide the opportunity for me to grow!)  I have been shown incredible grace in my life....many have displayed Christ-like sacrificial love towards me in my sin and messiness, and today, though I am not there yet, I ask God to change my heart and give me the ability and desire to love this way.

My journey has begun....and I would love to know where you are on this journey towards Christ-like love... It is worth the fight to be more fully like Him!

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....