Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Great Equalizer....

Just some brief thoughts as I break for a moment from the craziness....(keep us in your prayers!)...

'Was thinking on how 'stuff' blocks our way to the Lord, and as we box up all of our material possessions, and I think on some of the pictures of the Katrina disaster I came across from my trip there several years ago, I am realizing what an opportunity these next few weeks will be for us!  An opportunity to grow in grace towards each other, as we experience the discomforts of not feeling 'at home', not having our creature comforts readily accessible, and being in a totally new place where we will have to rely more on each other, and on the Lord, ultimately.  Quite an opportunity, I'd say, and also, the double-edged sword, also a temptation to speak unkind words, rely on our own strength, and forget the goodness of the Lord in the midst of trials.

I am hoping and praying for more of the first; will you join us in prayer as we set out on this new venture?  We are excited about what God has in store, and what God will expose in us, reveal to us, and bless us with, as He surprises us along the way.  Let the adventure begin...(Tuesday morning is coming quickly!)

Blessings...
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....