Friday, June 17, 2011

It's a New Day!


This morning brought with it a new desire and a passion in my heart...to serve...my husband...the Lord...to see what surprises God has for us in Florida. I woke thinking of the chapter that has ended as a teacher in a high-risk demographic school, and the energy I will now have to serve in new ways in my calling to be Paul's wife...to be my grandmother's encouragement in whatever ways we discover, to pursue a healthy lifestyle and remain open to whatever joys God has in my future. I am excited about the fellow believers we will meet and the ocean's calming message...that the Strength of the Lord, His constancy, and His transforming power will wash over us and make us new.
My morning reading from Isaiah 43:
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush[a] and Seba in your stead.
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you...


And this is TRUE! God has been with me these past few months, as I have walked through the fires of struggle, and the rivers of joy...He has not given me more than I could handle. God is faithful to His word...I know this to be true in so many ways!

And further in the passage:

18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

It is a new season, a new chapter in our lives, and we are anxious to see what the Author will write on the pages of our hearts, our life together. Breakfast in bed this morning, and then my wonderful protector and husband, declaring war on (and verbally threatening *smile*) the huge flies that have taken over our house...isn't marriage wonderful!?

We have so much to be thankful for. Praying that you are finding joy in your neck of the woods (as they say where I come from).

Be blessed,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....