Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The embrace of the Master

source
Sitting down to journal today, after realizing some anger, bitterness, and demands in my heart....

"Lord God, You owe me nothing, and yet You give me everything.  I owe you everything, and have nothing to give.  I wish praise and thanks naturally came to my lips.  Forgive me for my negativity, anger, despair.  I often look at my circumstances, and not to You.  You are able to do all things, Lord..."

As I sat and thought of the many times God has pulled me from a miry pit, this picture came to my mind...

"It is a blessing that I can lift my eyes from the pit, to the blazing sunshine of your face that is looking down on me.  I know you have compassion on us, as we struggle in many ways...and I see you reaching your hand down to us, your mighty right hand.  Lord, we call on you everyday...but perhaps we are asking for the wrong things...?"  

"We ask for wisdom, for vision, for children, for vocational success, for health and salvation for our families...and I see a tear fall from your eye as we push you away (Oh, how you long to gather us like chicks under your wing!)  Your tears wet the parched desert of my soul, and I see clearly.  The mirage of Grace is now the feast before me.  You have invited me to dine with you.  It's not an ordinary feast--no meat, cheese, vegetables, fruit or wine.  No, I see platters of contentment, goblets of joy, baskets of thankfulness and hope, bowls of peace."

"I listen as you tell stories of our Father, how He has carried so many out of the miry pit where I once lived.  I feel the warmth of Your smile as you fill the lamps with the oil of the Holy Spirit.  You take my grimy robes, and I unwrap a gown that glimmers with your glory.  You come to my chair, take my hand, and lead me to the marble dance floor.  The music and dance are unfamiliar, and the spins and dips take my breath, and fears, away.  The pit seems miles away; nothing can convince me to return to that place of death.  I follow your gentle, but firm, lead and realize that I am no longer lost, simply lost in the embrace of my Master...."

Lose yourself in His love, my friend. 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.


Blessings,
Ruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....