Monday, March 12, 2012

When You Have to Pinch Yourself Because You're So Blessed

The weekend was like a photo, beautifully framed with love, sincerity, and blessings from above.  And then I read this morning from Mark 14, the story of the woman with the alabaster jar poured on Christ--do you know it?  It hit home.  I'm finding that pouring love on another only splashes back on my hungry soul.  Those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.  Nothing special done on my part, except some gifts of a favorite soda, a special meal, and lots of kisses.  I remember the missions trips I took in college--how I always returned home feeling as if I had been given more than I had given.  And here I am again, but on a different mission--to love my one husband, in this one life, as beautifully as is possible with Christ-love.

[source]  --  Gemini Springs Park

I offer my thanks to the One who makes it possible:

~beautiful mild weather for a hike in God's creation
~Mom's famous chicken and dumplings--almost like Mom's?
~peach pie made with love
~clean and creative rental--the movie Hugo points us to live with purpose
~a new favorite Mexican restaurant
~the celebration of baptism with the little one of dear friends
~chances to express and receive love
~long walks and long talks
~learning guitar together
~help with dishes....every night....with no complaints!
~learning to lean in, and listen to his heart
~watching him, helping him, find his way in this crazy world
~time with old friends, so dear, gift from above

Wishing you a week filled with the delights of a thankful heart (it can be yours too!)

Ruth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....