Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The best is yet to come

Dear loyal friends and readers,

I'm thinking of the band Joy Eternal as I write this, and clinging to the amazing truths they sing about.  Life has certainly been a winding road (sometimes troubled, yes!) but we hope in Christ.  God has done so many wonderful things over the past few months, not the least of which being the chance to grow closer to my sweet man as we have prayed for God's leading in our lives.  Every day, we offer our lives over to Christ, and ask that He would use our talents, resources, time, everything for His glory.  It is a scary but wonderful thing to pray.  And so when Paul was laid off just a couple of weeks ago, we fought despair, but remembered the truths of 2 Corinthians 4.  Our hope is that the light of the Gospel would shine through our brokenness.  We are imperfect jars, but the blinding truth found in Christ, of His deep love, compassion, and protection for us, shines best in times like these.  We are 'struck down, but not destroyed'!  We look forward to coming back to this little online space and sharing what new adventure God has for us in the next chapter of our lives.  There are so many dear friends and family who are lifting us up right now (probably you too, dear reader!) and for that, we thank you.  We feel the strength provided by your faithful prayers.

One part of this new season includes my pursuit of a Christian yoga certification with Yahweh Yoga! It has been a wonderful journey these last few weeks, as I've completed the online portion of the training. This morning, we are flying to AZ so I can spend two weeks finishing the training at the studio. I have been so blessed by those who are supporting and encouraging me in this new endeavor, primarily my dear husband, but also many friends and family. Your prayers and words of encouragement are such a wonderful gift! It has been such a privilege to offer the gift of peace and connection with our Savior to friends who have already allowed me to use them as test subjects. 

I look forward to returning here to chronicle my next two weeks for you! I am confident that God will meet me in a new way. To Him be the glory in all things!

Your sister,

Ruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me....